Taking Off at Full Throttle FUELED with EQUALITY …
By: Abraham A. van Kempen
The Hague, The Netherlands
Is there any other way to take off but at full throttle? To eventually soar through the clouds, you’ll need all the torque you can get, maximum thrust to overcome resistance. That’s what it’s going to take to secure real and sustainable peace. In the past, those in command of the peace talks dare not take off at full throttle. The results: one deadlock after the other. Oslo, Ottawa, Shepherdstown, The Wye Plantation, Annapolis, Geneva, Madrid, Nicosia, Washington, D.C., London, Bonn, and Vienna have succeeded in producing stalemates often ending in standoffs with one foot in the stirrup, the other in the sand; and, recently, Bahrain.
More people should learn how to fly to keep things in balance especially for the safety of the people on board. The Israeli and Palestinian Quest to Coexist can only become a reality when everyone can freely move anywhere and everywhere in the Region without fear. The white elephant in the room is and has always been ‘freedom of movement’, the right of passage.
I’d like to see Europe hold them by the hand and take them out of the sandbox. The majority of the people in the region must authorize Europe to help both sides to converge toward a workable solution. It has become self-evident that neither side can work out a fair and equitable settlement without Europe, the wealthiest region, the largest economy and the most powerful union the world has ever seen, of former countries at war. I’ve given up on the United States, at least, for now.
Europe can propose, not impose. We can help turn things around, diplomatically and democratically; and, economically. But the outcome depends on the majority of the Israelis and the majority of the Palestinians; and, the majority on both sides crave peace.
Let me stop here. If you’d want to know what I have to say on this subject, buy my book, ‘Christian Zionism … Enraptured Around a Golden Calf.’ The e-Book version is only $3.33. Go directly to Chapter 5, ‘Abraham … A Life Without Borders’ and scroll to the sub-Chapter, ‘The EU Compliment [to the Arab Peace Initiative of 2002] … Toward a Beloved Community’ (Page 152). By the way, AMAZON is selling the print version (1st edition) for around $6.00. The 2nd edition is coming soon.
And, on Page 144, you will find the sub-chapter, ‘It’s About Equality,’ contributed and written by Robert A. H. Cohen, which you can read right now in its entirety, by clicking Read More below. Mr. Cohen deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for intimating the obvious … EQUALITY for all.
So, if you’re serious about gradually moving from the present quagmire to an Israeli-Palestinian Quest to Co-exist, evolving to the eventual outcome of an Israeli-Palestinian Thrust to Trust, get real! It’s About Equality (Page 144).
*‘Christian Zionism … Enraptured Around a Golden Calf (1st Edition)
e-book version $ 3.33
Available wherever books are sold.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 18-11Jewish Citizens in a Future Democratic Palestine?
- 01-11Countering Christian Zionism in the Age of Trump
- 25-10Why evangelicals in the US should support the establishment of a Palestinian state
- 15-10Can You Trust God to Let the Chips Fall Where He wants?
- 10-10Katanacho and the Protestant struggle against ‘Israelism’
- 16-09Setting The Record Straight On Christian Zionism
- 14-08Evangelicals aren’t turned off by Trump’s first term — they’re delighted by it
- 31-07The Abuse of Religion to Foster Extremism Is a Universal Phenomenon
- 24-07It Started Out So Good …
- 22-07When Zionism imagined Jewish nationalism without supremacy
- 22-07Opinion // Too Many Jews and Israelis See White Evangelicals as One-dimensional Messianic Caricatures