Turn to the Creator … Build a Civilization Born of Truth and Love
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, 3 May 2020
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
Today, humankind is strongly committed to reformulating the relationship with the world through science and technology. They want to discover new resources for their lives; for peaceful coexistence among peoples; and, to exalt art as an expression of creativity and humanity.
Yet, peace in our times is seriously threatened. Science and technology risk generating an imbalance full of negative consequences in the relationship between people; between humankind and nature; between nations and nations. Can we contain this slippery slope toward evil? Yes, if-and-only-if our gaze turns ‘to the creator of our salvation,’ to engender a civilization that is born of truth and love.
Here, culture thus becomes the foundation of man's ability to discover and enhance all the resources; those, granted to his spiritual being; those, granted to his material being. In order not to agonize, not to die out in unbridled egoism, in blind insensitivity to the pain of others, build the civilization of love. Work for this, pray for this, suffer for this!
Brothers and sisters think of the enormous responsibility that you have in your hands! Don't waste it, don't neglect it! You need all your strength to do this. But above all you need the One who is the strength of God and of man: "Christ, power of God and wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 1:24).
The greatest ‘resource’ of humankind is Christ, Son of God and Son of man. In him we discover the features of the new man, realized in all his fullness.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 29-05Prayer is not only speaking but, above all, listening …1
- 26-05Victim of a left-wing coup? Why Netanyahu’s conspiracy theory is foul and absurd
- 26-05Opinion / Netanyahu Can’t Sell the Idiocy of Annexation to U.S. Jews, So He Went to the Evangelicals
- 24-051985 Address of His Holiness John Paul II to Young Muslims
- 22-05Are Zionists and Evangelicals turning against each other in the Holy Land?
- 21-05Gospel Truth: The Inside Story on How Christian Broadcaster God TV Invoked the Wrath of Israel
- 19-05Trouble in paradise: ‘GOD TV’ spat exposes tensions between Israel, evangelicals
- 15-05In Nicaragua With Christ in Peace …
- 12-05The American Public and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 2000-2020
- 08-05Mercy and Compassion … A Source of Dignity and Joy
- 05-05The Coming Greater Depression of the 2020s