Power to Forgive, to Reconcile, to Live
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, September 13, 2020
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
There is another word that must be part of the vocabulary of every Christian, primarily when grasping barriers of hate and mistrust. This word is reconciliation.
"So if you are offering your gift at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go; be reconciled with your brother, and then come and offer your gift" (Matthew 5:23-24).
This command of Jesus is more robust than any wall of human inadequacy or malice.
Even when our belief in the fundamental goodness of every human being has been shaken or undermined, and even if long-held convictions and attitudes have hardened our hearts, there is one source of power that is stronger than every disappointment, bitterness, or ingrained mistrust. That power is Jesus Christ, who brought forgiveness and reconciliation to the world.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 29-09Arab, European states call Israel and Palestine to restart talks
- 27-09God’s Infinite Love and Unconditional Grace …
- 24-09How Do Democrats and Republicans Differ on Palestine and Israel?
- 24-09Why the Persian Gulf is Ignoring Palestine
- 20-09Our Father in Heaven …
- 18-09Happy Rosh Hashanah
- 17-09Are Christian Zionists the ‘Largest Pro-Israel Lobby’?
- 17-09Opinion / Trump and Netanyahu's Big Fat Fake Peace Deal
- 13-09Power to Forgive, to Reconcile, to Live
- 11-09Special Edition: Hora Tertia … In Memory
- 10-09Israeli Filmmakers Put AIPAC and U.S. Evangelicals Under the Spotlight – and Are Alarmed at What They Find