How we can face the future without fear, together
Published July 13, 2017
It’s a fateful moment in history. We’ve seen divisive elections, divided societies, and extremism growth — all fueled by anxiety and uncertainty. “Is there something we can do, each of us, to be able to face the future without fear?” asks Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks. In this electrifying talk, the spiritual leader gives us three specific ways to move from the politics of “me” to the politics of “all of us, together.”
What is America? United? Divided?
America is upside down, bewildered, and confused. Impeached twice! Will President Trump wear them as a Badge of Honor? After all, many behold the President as America’s Savior, redeeming America’s multitude. He set out to drain America’s swamp. The ‘deep state’ that loathes and fears him fights him tooth and nail. Behind the scenes, they have rigged the election, millions of his supporters claim.
Now that the pendulum is swinging from right to left, the Democrats have become no different from Republicans. They, too, divide.
On both sides of the aisle, we’re witnessing the dark side of American exceptionalism, the ‘Holier-than-Thou Ugly American.’ “I am better than you. It’s either my way or the highway.”
Divided, we fall!
In a world violently polarized by extremists, Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks proposes and advocates possibilities and solutions to bridge human intolerance.
“Is there something we can do, each of us, to be able to face the future without fear?” asks Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks.
Videotaped in 2017, in 12 minutes, Rabbi Sacks gives us three specific ways to move from the politics of ‘me’ to the politics of ‘all of us, together.’
You’ll be spellbound. I promise.
Abraham A. van Kempen
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 15-01The Other Side of the Wall
- 14-01How we can face the future without fear, together
- 14-01How White Evangelical Christians Fused With Trump Extremism
- 13-01We’re an Orthodox Jew and evangelical Christian, and we saw the attack on the Capitol coming
- 12-01Hey Cool It … We Can’t Walk Alone!
- 11-01That They All Might Be One …
- 10-01The Stone of Hope
- 10-01Decoding the extremist symbols and groups at the Capitol Hill insurrection
- 08-01The terrifying marriage of convenience between Israel and evangelical Zionists
- 08-01Analysis | With the 25th Amendment, Trump Could Become a Martyr for the Christian Right
- 06-01What’s Piercing Through the Clouds Above Jerusalem?