Finding the Gold in the Soil on Which We Stand …
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, 16 February 2020
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
We must not be tempted to think that the value of our lives depends solely on tangible results.
No human life is without value. In the light of Jesus' life, the simple things of daily life become important: the work together with others, the goodness of those who support their neighbors and the gratitude of those who experience this goodness.
All this makes us witnesses of the Good News.
The spectacular thing about God's hidden power is that it makes us grow and flourish where He has planted us.
He invites us to be big in the small things ...
It is a matter of finding the gold in the soil on which we stand, that is, to make the life that the Lord has given us valuable.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 14-02America and Israel Against the World
- 14-02Finding the Gold in the Soil on Which We Stand …
- 09-02Hope and Trust … Not Alone Amid the Enigmas of Existence
- 07-02A Peace Plan That Does Not Bring Peace
- 06-02Trump’s “peace deal” for Israel is ludicrously one-sided and reads as pure, unadulterated zionist propaganda, writes Craig Murray.
- 06-02Hungary, Austria block harsh EU action against Israel
- 06-02EU rejects Trump's Israel-Palestine plan, wants land swaps
- 06-02The “Muslim Ban” Separates Families, is Blatantly Racist
- 05-02Understanding the Trump ‘Deal of the Century’: what it does, and doesn’t say
- 29-01Actually, this peace deal IS different from all other peace deals
- 27-01Bloomberg’s surprising speech on anti-Semitism, Israel and Iran