Contributed by Libby and Len Traubman
The Traubman family resides in San Mateo, California. Len, is a retired pediatric dentist, retired after 35 years in San Francisco, CA. Libby, a retired clinical social worker, was a trustee of the Foundation for Global Community - formerly Beyond War - which Libby and Len helped launch in 1982. Libby and Len shepherd the Jewish-Palestinian Living Room Dialogue, established in July 1992, whose principles of living together apply universally to relationships between diverse citizens and with Earth herself. Their children, Eleanor and Adam, in their early 40s, have left the nest and married, and now there are three dear grandchildren.
"When you don't live in the community you don't think of them as human."
‘Made in America’
ESPN-TV documentary (June 2016)
Building Many Bridges in Jerusalem
Four days in April 2016, over 300 Muslim, Jewish, and Christian citizen bridge-builders gathered at the Jerusalem YMCA to learn from one another and grow closer together. They were part of 90 Israeli, Palestinian and Jordanian relationship-building groups of the international umbrella Alliance for Middle East Peace -- http://www.allmep.org
Duha Alma, 20, said that the wave of violence has led some of her Palestinian friends to slam her for meeting her Jewish friends.
“They say we are betraying and forgetting our people. But violence is not getting us anywhere except for more violence and more deaths”.
“Violence”, Alma added, “is the easy way. We are taking the long and hard way to making things better for everyone”.
Alma believes their time together permanently alters attitudes and future decisions affecting one another.
“This stuff really matters to people’s lives," says Joel Braunold, the executive director of ALLMEP.
Palestinian Huda Abuarquob, ALLMEP regional director, champions "dialogue that takes us from talking to walking; dialogue that works toward building real trusting relationships”.
Peace alliance seeks to move beyond sharing a plate of hummus
With aid of umbrella network, eclectic group of Palestinian and Israeli NGOs meets to form a stronger union that’s serious about peace-building
Times of Israel -- April 11, 2016
ALLMEP 2016 Community Fair (2-min video)
Two One-minute Videos
Face-to-face, people can begin opening up in less than 4 minutes -- with a look, hand, smile, thoughtful question, and listening.
Look Beyond Borders (1-min video)
One Human Family, Food for All … Together, We’re Better (1-min video)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 07-04What Do We Do Now? Larger Lessons From The Pandemic
- 03-04Our Finest Hour
- 02-04Beyond Fear: The Civilization of Love …
- 31-03Ecumenical Organizations Join in Unprecedented Call
- 24-03The coronavirus isn’t alive. That’s why it’s so hard to kill.
- 24-03Human rights org calls on Israel to release all Palestinian child detainees in response to COVID-19 crisis
- 23-03'Trump Is Right About the Coronavirus. The WHO Is Wrong,' Says Israeli Expert
- 20-03Coronavirus explained: 22 questions with epidemiologist guiding Israeli response
- 20-03Take Charge with God …
- 17-03Better Safe than Sorry
- 16-03A Test of Our Faith and Our Society