The Great Debate
Irish MP celebrates win by raising Palestinian flag
Irish counselor Gino Kenny, who recently won a seat in parliament, celebrated his win by raising the Palestinian flag. In a video Kenny can be seen waving the Palestinian flag as he’s being hoisted by supporters following the announcement of his win on 27 February.
The People Before Profit/Anti-Austerity Alliance member obtained 7,911 votes making him the first Teachta Dála, member of the Irish Parliament, from Neilstown, one of the most deprived areas in the country.
Following his win, Kenny said: “It’s a very proud moment for me, it’s a very proud moment for my family and it’s a very proud moment for my party I represent and it’s a very proud moment for the community I represent. So it’s a good day overall.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 06-05The People v. Bill Gates
- 05-05Is Israeli-Palestinian confederation all it’s hyped up to be?
- 04-05On Faith: Bernie is right on Israel
- 04-05International law sides with Palestinian refugees. But can it solve their plight?
- 03-05The Evangelical Pope | Family? That's What Matters Most!
- 30-04OPINION | Europe Beware! Biden Is Here and There Trumpian
- 28-04It is necessary to be an anti-Zionist in order to reject anti-Semitism
- 28-04‘One system, one policy’: Why Human Rights Watch is charging Israel with apartheid
- 28-04Why Biden Must Watch This Palestinian Movie
- 26-04The Evangelical Pope | Every Person is Brother or Sister
- 26-04Accountability? Yes! Justice? A Work in Progress!