The Great Debate
Irish MP celebrates win by raising Palestinian flag
Irish counselor Gino Kenny, who recently won a seat in parliament, celebrated his win by raising the Palestinian flag. In a video Kenny can be seen waving the Palestinian flag as he’s being hoisted by supporters following the announcement of his win on 27 February.
The People Before Profit/Anti-Austerity Alliance member obtained 7,911 votes making him the first Teachta Dála, member of the Irish Parliament, from Neilstown, one of the most deprived areas in the country.
Following his win, Kenny said: “It’s a very proud moment for me, it’s a very proud moment for my family and it’s a very proud moment for my party I represent and it’s a very proud moment for the community I represent. So it’s a good day overall.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 27-09God’s Infinite Love and Unconditional Grace …
- 24-09How Do Democrats and Republicans Differ on Palestine and Israel?
- 24-09Why the Persian Gulf is Ignoring Palestine
- 20-09Our Father in Heaven …
- 18-09Happy Rosh Hashanah
- 17-09Are Christian Zionists the ‘Largest Pro-Israel Lobby’?
- 17-09Opinion / Trump and Netanyahu's Big Fat Fake Peace Deal
- 13-09Power to Forgive, to Reconcile, to Live
- 11-09Special Edition: Hora Tertia … In Memory
- 10-09Israeli Filmmakers Put AIPAC and U.S. Evangelicals Under the Spotlight – and Are Alarmed at What They Find
- 07-09Jews, outraged by restrictive abortion laws, are invoking the Hebrew Bible in the debate