The Great Debate
Irish MP celebrates win by raising Palestinian flag
Irish counselor Gino Kenny, who recently won a seat in parliament, celebrated his win by raising the Palestinian flag. In a video Kenny can be seen waving the Palestinian flag as he’s being hoisted by supporters following the announcement of his win on 27 February.
The People Before Profit/Anti-Austerity Alliance member obtained 7,911 votes making him the first Teachta Dála, member of the Irish Parliament, from Neilstown, one of the most deprived areas in the country.
Following his win, Kenny said: “It’s a very proud moment for me, it’s a very proud moment for my family and it’s a very proud moment for my party I represent and it’s a very proud moment for the community I represent. So it’s a good day overall.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 22-02Opinion | A Dirty but Effective Way to Start Ending the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- 22-02Brotherhood is the Way to Get to Know One Another …
- 19-02Was Jesus a Zionist? (continued)
- 18-02Biden Goes Big
- 18-02Raghuram G. Rajan Says More…
- 18-02The Seven Secrets of 2020
- 18-02Biden and the Fed Leave 1970s Inflation Fears Behind
- 18-02America Is (Sort of) Back
- 16-02Reviewing US policy on Palestine, with Professor Rashid Khalidi
- 15-02Are Modern Prophets NEVER Wrong?
- 15-02Search God’s Will …