The Great Debate
Irish MP celebrates win by raising Palestinian flag
Irish counselor Gino Kenny, who recently won a seat in parliament, celebrated his win by raising the Palestinian flag. In a video Kenny can be seen waving the Palestinian flag as he’s being hoisted by supporters following the announcement of his win on 27 February.
The People Before Profit/Anti-Austerity Alliance member obtained 7,911 votes making him the first Teachta Dála, member of the Irish Parliament, from Neilstown, one of the most deprived areas in the country.
Following his win, Kenny said: “It’s a very proud moment for me, it’s a very proud moment for my family and it’s a very proud moment for my party I represent and it’s a very proud moment for the community I represent. So it’s a good day overall.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 01-06A request to save the disabled children from ISIS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 22-10Our Washington Watch | Is What's Good for America, Good for Israel?
- 22-10Opinion | The Harsh Truth Biden Needs to Tell Israelis Now About Their Future
- 22-10Israel relations in Congress aren't what they used to be - opinion
- 19-10Opinion | Israel Is Approaching the Next Nakba
- 19-10Where is Palestine?: A story of loss, inequality and failure
- 19-10Is the Israeli occupation in Palestine forever?
- 18-10The Evangelical Pope | A Symphony Among Jews, Christians, and Muslims
- 18-10No, The Bible Doesn’t Command We “Stand With Israel”
- 05-10Opinion | Only the World Can End the Israeli Occupation. It Won't Come From Bennett
- 05-10Time to Recognize Reality of Israeli Apartheid & Persecution
- 05-10Racial justice vs. the Israel Lobby: when being pro-Palestine becomes the new normal