JOY … Despite Trials and Suffering
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, October 4, 2020
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
You ask yourselves if joy is possible despite so many trials and sufferings.
Look at Francis! Everything changed radically in his life when, as a wealthy young man full of ambitions, he came across the Gospel.
In the Church of Assisi - do you remember - he looked up at the Crucifix. At that moment, he felt loved; he felt loved by Christ (Mark 10: 21). For the first time, his eyes opened on the face of God, visible in the crucified Jesus.
Then the soul of Francis was pierced by repentance never experienced, and, at the same time, he tasted an equally new joy. From that day on, his whole life was new.
In reality, dear young people, until you come to know God personally - personally, not in the abstract, "face to face," as from person to person - you don't even realize your sin.
The experience of God's mercy, of his eternal fidelity and compassion, which envelops the human creature, leads her to feel her heart being pierced (Acts 2: 37).
To touch the heart is to pierce. The heart of Jesus is pierced. He also has the strength to pierce our hearts. Thus, humanity opens itself to conversion, conversion to Christ, a transformation to God, joy, despite trials and suffering.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 18-10The Challenge of Today's World … Faithful to One's Roots
- 16-10Pro-Israel groups reportedly break law, media & Congress look the other way
- 15-10Beyond Confirmation Bias … A New World Order?
- 13-10An Evangelical Understanding of Jews and Judaism
- 13-10The future of Israel and Palestine
- 11-10Human Dignity … The Fundamental Principle
- 06-10Opinion / Israel's Founding Generation of Looters
- 06-10Young evangelicals are defying their elders' politics
- 04-10JOY … Despite Trials and Suffering
- 30-09A Noble Pursuit … A Sustainable Peace!
- 29-09Arab, European states call Israel and Palestine to restart talks