By: Victoria Safford
"Our mission is to plant ourselves at the gates of Hope — not the prudent gates of Optimism, which are somewhat narrower; nor the stalwart, boring gates of Common Sense; nor the strident gates of Self-Righteousness, which creak on shrill and angry hinges (people cannot hear us there; they cannot pass through); nor the cheerful, flimsy garden gate of “Everything is gonna be all right.”
But a different, sometimes lonely place, the place of truth-telling, about your own soul first of all and its condition, the place of resistance and defiance, the piece of ground from which you see the world both as it is and as it could be, as it will be; the place from which you glimpse not only struggle, but joy in the struggle.
And we stand there, beckoning and calling, telling people what we are seeing, asking people what they see.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 09-08A New Start With a New Heart …
- 06-08The uncertain Israeli annexation plans in West Bank
- 03-08The Beatitudes in Tourism …
- 29-07The forgotten history of the Jewish, anti-Zionist left
- 26-07Nothing but the Cross …
- 24-07Liberal Zionism begins to make the journey towards a one-state solution
- 24-07Annexation was always on Israel’s agenda
- 21-07Is Israel Uniquely Evil?
- 19-07You Welcomed Me …
- 16-07Time’s Up Israel
- 15-07Good news from Washington: AIPAC, Israel losing to progressive Democrats