By: Victoria Safford
"Our mission is to plant ourselves at the gates of Hope — not the prudent gates of Optimism, which are somewhat narrower; nor the stalwart, boring gates of Common Sense; nor the strident gates of Self-Righteousness, which creak on shrill and angry hinges (people cannot hear us there; they cannot pass through); nor the cheerful, flimsy garden gate of “Everything is gonna be all right.”
But a different, sometimes lonely place, the place of truth-telling, about your own soul first of all and its condition, the place of resistance and defiance, the piece of ground from which you see the world both as it is and as it could be, as it will be; the place from which you glimpse not only struggle, but joy in the struggle.
And we stand there, beckoning and calling, telling people what we are seeing, asking people what they see.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 01-06A request to save the disabled children from ISIS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 21-09Israel's future is apartheid in a 'solution of the three classes'
- 21-09'Israel Was Born in Sin. I’m Collaborating With a Criminal Country,' Says Former PM’s Son
- 21-09Zionism has no space for an Arab Jew like me
- 20-09The Evangelical Pope | The Ultimate Question for 9/11
- 17-09Pro-Truth | Freedom of Movement with Equality, Equality, Equality!
- 16-09Opinion | Why Are U.S. Jews Still Calling Jimmy Carter an Antisemite?
- 16-09Israel / Palestine - This Needs To Be Heard
- 14-09Opinion | Why Bennett Could Usher in a One-state Solution
- 14-09On Abraham Accords Anniversary, Biden Is Tepid About Israeli-Arab Peace
- 14-09New opportunities in evolving Middle East
- 13-09The Evangelical Pope | The Word is Reconciliation