The Great Debate
The Better Angels of Our Nature …
By: Abraham A. van Kempen, Editor
We’ve learned our lesson. The European people won’t allow Europe to create another quagmire. We can and will help the State of Israel and the State of Palestine to break out of their jam (to put it mildly) and to help build bridges if and only if both voluntarily lay down their arms. Inevitably, a democratically decreed regime change, voted in by the majority of the people on both sides of the Divide is in order. Thereafter, Europe can and will guarantee authentic security and sustainable peace, especially when pressured to do so by the Court of World Public Opinion. We Europeans can propose but cannot impose upon the people of the region to do what’s right. If only all parties could rethink what’s right rather than what’s wrong with the other, they’ll be light years ahead. Abraham Lincoln referred to the idea as seeking “the better angels of our nature.”
Peace Starts at the Finish Line …
Peace making is a mission that starts at the finish line. It never ends.
Real and sustainable peace begins in the mind and heart, in the will and soul because peace arises out of genuine appreciation and respect for the other. Peace is a conscious decision to improve relations and to do everything possible to overcome tensions and misunderstandings and, if possible, even to become friends. Peace is the fruit of love. It is give and take.
In our times with distances so much shorter and communications so much faster, we still face the paradox of vast socio-economic gaps within and among nations: tragic imbalances in the hope of life and the resources available for education and health; profound differences in the exercise of freedom and an uneven recognition of human dignity.
How can we make use of the goods of the Earth, the fruits of the mind and the heart?
Youth The Future of Mankind …
Youth is the time when one wonders, what can be done in life, how one can make the world a better place, contributing to justice and peace.
Youth is an extraordinary asset to mankind, anointed with divine grace. Young people still view life as an unending street open toward infinite possibilities. In the hearts of our youth are the future prospects of mankind.
Circumstances often hinder the full development of human dreams. Nonetheless, those dreams always remain open to accomplish great ideals. Nothing and no one can prevent us from achieving noble ideals, except ourselves.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 06-02Non military defence of Ukraine
- 02-01Avoiding Human Extinction
- 01-06A request to save the disabled children from ISIS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 15-08The Evangelical Pope | A Balance of Power Through a Balance of Terror?
- 12-08Our Friday News Analysis | What's Mine is Mine, What's Yours is Mine Also
- 12-08Opinion | Next Time Israel Fights Gaza, It Could Face a Nuclear Iran
- 10-08Our Wednesday News Analysis | Why Resistance Matters: Palestinians are Challenging Israel’s Unilateralism, Dominance
- 09-08Opinion | Who Cares About a Child Killed in Gaza
- 09-08Why Resistance Matters: Palestinians are Challenging Israel’s Unilateralism, Dominance
- 09-08Wake me up if I survive this war
- 08-08The Evangelical Pope | A Premonition to Eternity
- 05-08Our Friday News Analysis | Blood is Thicker than Water
- 03-08Wednesday Edition | Opinion | Hey Israel, Let's Become a Normal Country
- 03-08The Long Con(federation): Understanding the latest attempts to legitimize Israeli colonization