UN chief condemns Zionist occupation of Palestine
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA
Tehran, June 6, IRNA – While the Zionist regime is marking 50 years of its settlement in the Palestinian Territories, the United Nations Secretary-General in a statement has denounced Israel’s five decades of occupation.
“Now is the time to end the conflict by establishing an independent Palestinian state,” António Guterres said in a statement released on Monday, supporting a two-state solution.
The Zionist regime occupation of the Palestinian Lands took place 50 years ago in 1967, following the Arab-Israeli war.
“The occupation of the West Bank, East Jerusalem [Al-Quds], Gaza and the Syrian Golan, which displaced hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and Syrians, has imposed a heavy humanitarian and development burden on the Palestinian people,” Guterres said.
“Now is not the time to give up on this goal” but is the time to return to direct negotiations to resolve all final status issues on the basis of relevant UN resolutions, agreements and international law,” he added.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- 20-03RE: FINDING BEACONS OF HOPE … MEDICAL PERSONNEL IN SYRIA
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 23-02American Jews Have Never Needed Israel
- 23-02Carter warns of 'catastrophic' consequences Trump's policy on Palestine
- 22-02Opinion // Israel Is Fast Becoming a Rogue State. And Trump Is Complicit in That Downfall
- 21-02Palestine calls for multilateral meeting by mid-2018 to decide a timeline for two-state solution
- 21-02Nickolay Mladenov, Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process: Briefing to the Security Council on the Situation in the Middle East, 20 February 2018
- 20-02Opinion // Now It's Official: America’s Ambassador to Israel Trolls for Its Right-wing Extremists
- 20-02Palestinian youth in Nablus: 'Unite and stop with the division'
- 15-02400 Muslim, Christian, Jewish Leaders Sign 'Washington Declaration' for Religious Tolerance
- 15-02Washington no more: Palestine turns to Moscow for future Israel talks
- 12-02Trump: Palestinians Aren't Looking to Making Peace – but I'm Not Sure Israel Is Either
- 09-02Confederation: The One Possible Israel-Palestine Solution