UN chief condemns Zionist occupation of Palestine
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA
Tehran, June 6, IRNA – While the Zionist regime is marking 50 years of its settlement in the Palestinian Territories, the United Nations Secretary-General in a statement has denounced Israel’s five decades of occupation.
“Now is the time to end the conflict by establishing an independent Palestinian state,” António Guterres said in a statement released on Monday, supporting a two-state solution.
The Zionist regime occupation of the Palestinian Lands took place 50 years ago in 1967, following the Arab-Israeli war.
“The occupation of the West Bank, East Jerusalem [Al-Quds], Gaza and the Syrian Golan, which displaced hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and Syrians, has imposed a heavy humanitarian and development burden on the Palestinian people,” Guterres said.
“Now is not the time to give up on this goal” but is the time to return to direct negotiations to resolve all final status issues on the basis of relevant UN resolutions, agreements and international law,” he added.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- 20-03RE: FINDING BEACONS OF HOPE … MEDICAL PERSONNEL IN SYRIA
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 10-08More than 200 liberal US rabbis want Israel to lift travel ban on BDS leaders
- 10-08Rich Siegel - “In Palestine”
- 10-08‘God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,’ evangelical adviser says
- 09-08Israel Heading For A Solution? – OpEd
- 08-08Building a broad based movement for Israel/Palestine
- 08-08Netanyahu backs a new major exercise in ethnic cleansing
- 08-08Israel’s treatment of Palestinians looks “a lot like apartheid”
- 07-08Loving Israel, Hating Jews
- 07-08The two-state solution is more popular with Palestinians, less with Israeli Jews
- 07-08Opinion // Netanyahu's Looming Fall Is No Cause for Celebration
- 03-08Opinion // Netanyahu Jr. Refuses to Pick Up Dog Poop, Then Claws at His Critics