The Evangelical Pope | Love One Another!
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, April 11, 2021
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
"7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of Godand knows God." (1 John 4:7). *3
At this moment of history, we stand in urgent need of reconciliation: reconciliation between nations and between peoples of different races and cultures; reconciliation of man within himself and nature; reconciliation among people of different social conditions and beliefs, reconciliation among Christians. In a world scarred by hatred and injustice and divided by violence and oppression, the Church desires to be a spokesman for the vital task of fostering harmony and unity and forging new bonds of understanding and brotherhood. *1
I think with profound distress of those areas of the world afflicted by endless wars and hostilities, endemic hunger, and terrible diseases. The times in which God has granted us to live are in many ways dark and filled with difficulties, for they are times in which the very future of humanity is at stake in the new millennium opening up before us. In many men and women today, fear and uncertainty prevail: where are we going?; what will be humanity's fate in the next century?; where are the extraordinary scientific discoveries of recent years, especially in the fields of biology and genetics, leading us? We are conscious of being merely at the beginning of a journey, but we do not know where it will take us and whether it will bring benefit or harm to the men and women of the twenty-first century.
Living in these challenging yet wonderful times, we share in the fears, the uncertainties, and the questioning of our contemporaries. Yet, we are not pessimistic about the future. We have the certainty that Jesus Christ is the Lord of history. In the Gospel, we find the light illuminating our way, even in moments of difficulty and darkness.With an act of wholehearted and steadfast faith, renew your fidelity to Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world. Make his Gospel the guide of your thoughts and your life. *2
Many of our contemporaries have lost God as Father. They do not know the mother tongue of faith.
Let us try to teach them the alphabet of faith.
Dedication, service, and charity form part of the fundamental vocabulary that everyone understands.
A "grammar of life" can be built to help humankind spell out in the Holy Spirit the plan that God has for him.
Live in deeds what you teach with words. Show that joy is also a fruit of the Spirit. On the third millennium threshold, it is necessary to revive this awareness: Just as God has a plan for each individual, he also has a mission for us.
You are not only administrators of a past legacy; you are also forerunners of the future towards which the Holy Spirit is leading the Church! *3
With an act of wholehearted and steadfast faith, renew your fidelity to Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world. Make his Gospel the guide of your thoughts and your life. *2
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 06-05The People v. Bill Gates
- 05-05Is Israeli-Palestinian confederation all it’s hyped up to be?
- 04-05On Faith: Bernie is right on Israel
- 04-05International law sides with Palestinian refugees. But can it solve their plight?
- 03-05The Evangelical Pope | Family? That's What Matters Most!
- 30-04OPINION | Europe Beware! Biden Is Here and There Trumpian
- 28-04It is necessary to be an anti-Zionist in order to reject anti-Semitism
- 28-04‘One system, one policy’: Why Human Rights Watch is charging Israel with apartheid
- 28-04Why Biden Must Watch This Palestinian Movie
- 26-04The Evangelical Pope | Every Person is Brother or Sister
- 26-04Accountability? Yes! Justice? A Work in Progress!