Replacement theology 'infecting' evangelicals
Source: One News Now
By Bill Bumpas
By March 6, 2018
The leader of a pro-Israel ministry is heartbroken that replacement theology has crept into the evangelical church.
Jan Markell, founder and president of Olive Tree Ministries, made that admission after looking at a newly released study from LifeWay Research. According to the survey, 28 percent of evangelicals embrace replacement theology – the claim that the Christian church "has fulfilled or replaced the nation of Israel in God's plan." A greater percentage (41%) rejects that idea, while 32 percent say they are not sure.
"The toughest thing that a pro-Israel ministry faces is replacement theology," Markell shares. "We [in our ministry] encounter it on a daily basis from all denominations. And I think the thing that's most concerning is how it's infecting evangelical denominations, probably in the last 20 years."
The survey reveals that younger evangelical believers – between ages 18 and 34 – are more likely to say Christians have replaced Jews in God's plan (34%), while 30 percent disagree with replacement theology, and 36 percent are not sure.
"Younger folk – be they evangelical, or mainline protestant, or Catholic, or whatever," explains Markell, "they're interest is [in] the social justice, the cause of the Palestinian people; and they could care less about, for instance, how Israel plays out in eschatology or Bible prophecy. They're not interested in that whatsoever."
Markell says she never thought she would see, in her lifetime, replacement theology creep into the evangelical church. She believes the falling away of the church from its traditional support of Israel is part of the great apostasy of the end times.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- 20-03RE: FINDING BEACONS OF HOPE … MEDICAL PERSONNEL IN SYRIA
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 15-03Separating Fact From Fiction: The History Of The Establishment Of Israel
- 15-03Why Christians Support Israel
- 15-03Members of Congress rally for Palestinian children’s rights
- 13-03Palestine Is the Homeland of Palestinian Arabs Of All Religions — Not the Homeland of Jews Worldwide
- 09-03Occupation and Sovereignty: Renewing EU Policy in Israel- Palestine
- 09-0350,000 Israelis show up at the wrong protest
- 09-03Questions to Christian Zionism, By Jonathan Kuttab
- 08-03How traditional embroidery helps Palestinian women achieve independence
- 07-03Arab, Jew and Persian
- 07-03Replacement theology 'infecting' evangelicals
- 06-03Europe starts preparing Mideast peace initiative