‘My Life Will Never Be the Same’: Gaza Girl Who Lost Her Eye in Israeli War Talks about Her Future (IN PHOTOS)
Source: Palestine Chronicle
Published September 8, 2022
10-year-old Areej Asaliya lost her eye during the latest Israeli war on the besieged Gaza Strip. (Photo: Mahmoud Ajjour, The Palestine Chronicle)
10-year-old Areej Asaliya lost her eye during the latest Israeli war on the besieged Gaza Strip.
She was playing on the roof of her house in the Jabaliya refugee camp when a powerful Israeli airstrike hit her neighborhood.
The Palestine Chronicle visited Areej and her family and classmates, a few days after she returned to school.
“I am afraid of the future,” Areej told local media in Gaza. “My life will never be the same. I am not able to play with my friends as I used to do, because I am in pain and I had to undergo several surgeries already.”
Areej’s father, Ayoub, was still in shock as he talked to journalists about the moments immediately following the incident.
“When we arrived at the hospital, Areej’s right eye was in very bad shape. I immediately realized that my child had lost her eye,” he said.
Ayoub told us that Areej is struggling with emotional and physical pain. He called on the international community to expose Israeli war crimes.
The latest Israeli war on the Strip killed 49 Palestinians, including 17 children.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 06-02Non military defence of Ukraine
- 02-01Avoiding Human Extinction
- 01-06A request to save the disabled children from ISIS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 05-10Our Wednesday News Analysis | Zionism During the Holocaust: The Weaponization of Memory in the Service of State and Nation – Book Review
- 04-10Opinion | It’s Become Taboo to Speak of Hope
- 04-10Palestine needs to be backed by a vision
- 04-10Zionism During the Holocaust: The Weaponization of Memory in the Service of State and Nation – Book Review
- 03-10The Evangelical Pope | Love One Another!
- 30-09Our Friday News Analysis | In Search of a Nation's Soul (Part 4)
- 30-09NATO tested underwater ‘equipment’ close to Nord Stream – Moscow
- 30-09Who wins from demolishing the EU’s gas lifelines?
- 30-09Explosions at Nord Stream 'can only be attacks'
- 29-09Ex-Polish FM thanks US for destruction of Russian gas pipeline
- 28-09Our Wednesday News Analysis | Gaza’s Children Can Only Dream of What Yair Lapid's Daughter Has