Lebanon president complains to UN of double standard in treatment of Israel, Palestinians
Source: The Times of Israel
Published September 26, 2018
The president of Lebanon is accusing the international community of a double standard when dealing with the Middle East.
In his address to world leaders at the UN, President Michel Aoun criticizes the Trump administration’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel while cutting aid to Palestinians.
Aoun says that “history has taught us that injustice leads to war … Absence of justice can lead to violence and terrorism.”
He added that, “Unfortunately, international political approaches to the Middle East still lack justice and there are double standards in this regard. The Palestinian question is an example of that.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 12-10My grandfather Nelson Mandela fought apartheid. I see the parallels with Israel
- 10-10UNPACKING THE ACTUAL IMPACT OF BDS ON ISRAEL'S ECONOMY
- 05-10Evangelicals … Go with Your God-Instincts!
- 27-09Trump backs two-state solution for Mideast
- 27-09Lebanon president complains to UN of double standard in treatment of Israel, Palestinians
- 26-09Trump is the laughingstock of the world
- 26-09Corbyn says UK will immediately recognize Palestinian state if he’s elected
- 26-09‘People have been there 50 years. They’re not refugees’
- 26-09Middle East takes centre stage: What got said at the UN General Assembly
- 21-09What Does Christianity Say About One People, One Land, One God?
- 20-09'Let us fight together for human rights, for a country that is democratic for all its citizens'