In Nicaragua With Christ in Peace …
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, 17 May 2020
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
A woman prays in front of a relic which contains non coagulated blood of late Pope John Paul II at Metropolitan Cathedral in Managua, Nicaragua, 12 May 2015. A crowd of believers gathered to revere the relic after its arrival to the country. EFE/Mario Lopez
Upon stepping on the Nicaraguan soil, my first grateful thought goes to God, who leads me to visit this land of lakes and volcanoes, and above all the noble people of a land, so rich in faith and Christian traditions.
My greeting is extended with great affection to all the people of Nicaragua. Not only those who have been able to come to find me or are listening to me at this moment in different ways; not only those whom I will meet in León or Managua during these hours of permanence among you that I would like to prolong but especially the thousands and thousands of Nicaraguans who have not found the possibility of going - as they would have liked - to meeting places; to those who cannot do it because of the distances or their occupations; those who retain work commitments; the sick, the elderly and children; to those who have suffered or suffer because of the violence - from whatever part it comes -; to the victims of injustices and to those who render their service to the good of the nation.
He brings me to Nicaragua a mission of a religious nature; I come as a messenger of peace; as encouraging hope; as a servant of the faith, to corroborate the faithful in their fidelity to Christ and his Church; to encourage them with a word of love, that fills the spirits with feelings of brotherhood and reconciliation.
In the name of the One who for love gave his life for the liberation and redemption of all men, I would like to give my contribution so that the sufferings of innocent peoples in this area of the world may cease; to end bloody conflicts, hatred and sterile accusations, leaving room for genuine dialogue. A dialogue that is a concrete and generous offer of a meeting of good wills and no possible justification to continue promoting divisions and violence.
I also come to launch a call for peace towards those, inside or outside this geographical area - wherever they may be - who in one way or another favor ideological, economic or military tensions that impede the free development of these peace-loving peoples, of fraternity and true spiritual, social, civil and democratic human progress.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 29-05Prayer is not only speaking but, above all, listening …1
- 26-05Victim of a left-wing coup? Why Netanyahu’s conspiracy theory is foul and absurd
- 26-05Opinion / Netanyahu Can’t Sell the Idiocy of Annexation to U.S. Jews, So He Went to the Evangelicals
- 24-051985 Address of His Holiness John Paul II to Young Muslims
- 22-05Are Zionists and Evangelicals turning against each other in the Holy Land?
- 21-05Gospel Truth: The Inside Story on How Christian Broadcaster God TV Invoked the Wrath of Israel
- 19-05Trouble in paradise: ‘GOD TV’ spat exposes tensions between Israel, evangelicals
- 15-05In Nicaragua With Christ in Peace …
- 12-05The American Public and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 2000-2020
- 08-05Mercy and Compassion … A Source of Dignity and Joy
- 05-05The Coming Greater Depression of the 2020s