Australians Organize 300km March to Demand Recognition of Palestine
Source: Palestine Chronicle
Oct 3 2016 / 12:45 pm
Palestinian activist Shamikh Badra said a group of Australia activists started a 300km march from Sidney to Canberra, which will last for 10 days, to hand a petition over to the Australian parliament to demand the recognition of Palestine.
The petition was signed by thousands of academics, politicians and activists and demand the Australian parliament to recognize Palestine as an independent state.
Badra stressed the importance of such initiatives to attain recognition of the Palestinian statehood, and to call for applying the Fourth Geneva Convention to the Occupied Palestinian Territories within the 1967 boundaries. He noted that the Palestinian state should be established on the ashes of the Israeli occupation and not under its umbrella.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 07-04What Do We Do Now? Larger Lessons From The Pandemic
- 03-04Our Finest Hour
- 02-04Beyond Fear: The Civilization of Love …
- 31-03Ecumenical Organizations Join in Unprecedented Call
- 24-03The coronavirus isn’t alive. That’s why it’s so hard to kill.
- 24-03Human rights org calls on Israel to release all Palestinian child detainees in response to COVID-19 crisis
- 23-03'Trump Is Right About the Coronavirus. The WHO Is Wrong,' Says Israeli Expert
- 20-03Coronavirus explained: 22 questions with epidemiologist guiding Israeli response
- 20-03Take Charge with God …
- 17-03Better Safe than Sorry
- 16-03A Test of Our Faith and Our Society