It’s quick and simple. Just enter your e-mail address to receive your free subscription of our newsletter. If you’d like us to know who you are, you may at your option also include your name and the name of your organization and where you are. We respect your privacy.
The Evangelical Pope | Live, Let Live
Living Words from John Paul II
Edited by Abraham A. van Kempen
Published Sunday, October 16, 2021
Each week we let Saint Pope John Paul II share meaningful signposts to spark socio-economic resolves through justice and righteousness combined with mercy and compassion; in short, love.
You shall not kill!
__ Exodus 20:13
Military Airport, Radom, Poland 4 June 1991 | The deaths of millions of innocent humans mark our 20th Century. To this, the new way of warfare contributed:
A massive suppression and destruction of innocent bystanders, the population, not actively involved in the war.
One has only to think of the bombings (up to the use of the atomic bomb), the concentration camps, and the deportations of people, which ended with the death of millions of innocent victims.
Among the European peoples, Poland has a large share in this massacre.
In our territories, the "you shall not kill" commandment was violated in millions of criminal acts. Among those crimes, the systematic murders of entire nations are particularly shocking – especially the Jews or populations such as the Gypsies (Romas) – just because they belong to a particular country or race …
The divine "you shall not kill" was replaced by the human "one may kill," yes, even "one must kill."
And so vast tracts of our continent became the graves of innocent people, victims of high crimes against humanity. The root of the crime is humankind's unlawful possession of the divine power over life and death.
In this, one hears a distant yet persistent echo of ... the words, 'Ye shall be as gods, and have knowledge of good and evil,' Genesis 3:5. That means you will decide what is right and wrong – like God.
"You shall not kill" -- a statement and absolute prohibition that simultaneously affirms every human being's right to life. That right protects the innocent and defenseless members of humanity.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 09-08Open Letter to António Guterres: Will the UN Protect Our Rights and End Our Suffering?
- 09-06Urgent Appeal
- 07-05Protect Our Great Earth And Nation!
- 09-03Peace And Love!
- 06-02Non military defence of Ukraine
- 02-01Avoiding Human Extinction
- 01-06A request to save the disabled children from ISIS
- 08-10Save our mountains
- 21-01His Eminence Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
- 30-12Support for the Syrian President and the Syrian people
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 29-09Our Friday News Analysis | What the World Reads Now!
- 27-09Our Wednesday News Analysis | Education on an empty stomach
- 26-09Opinion | Palestinians in Israel Need International Intervention
- 26-09Education on an empty stomach
- 26-09UK and Israel: Has the fightback against weaponised antisemitism begun?
- 22-09Our Friday News Analysis | What the World Reads Now!
- 20-09Our Wednesday News Analysis | One federation for two peoples
- 19-09One federation for two peoples
- 19-09Oslo is dead, long live the peace process
- 19-09The coming year – the worst is yet to come, unless
- 18-09The Evangelical Pope | Live, Let Live