Rich Siegel - “In Palestine”
Tears bathed my soul ... goosebumps ... but Rich Siegel's heartfelt words with resounding truth made me feel better offering hope and makes me want to work even harder.
To Watch Video Please Click on Video Link: https://vimeo.com/6630724
Most of my friends have heard similar words. It is especially heartwarming coming from a person of Rich Siegel's background.
Please find the time to listen ...
Some excerpts from my article 'Let's Get Radical ... Be Kind!':
The first task is to heal the traumas and to commit to understanding each other.
So, let’s get radical! Be kind! I am challenging the noble and proud Palestinian Resistance to combine forces with the noble and proud Israeli Resistance of Peace Activists and deploy kindness as their stealth weapon.
Friendship destroys enemies.
Yes, there is an Israeli ‘underground’ consisting of Jews in Israel and the Diaspora.
They, too, despise the present Israeli regime. More than anything, they want a democratically invoked regime change.
Can and will the Palestinian Resistance and the Israeli Underground come and work together to reach common goals? Is there another choice? And, will a Nelson Mandela type come out of the ashes?
Walking the tightrope requires a balancing act, dealing cautiously with tension and compromise.
"We encounter each other in words, words spiny or smooth, whispered or declaimed, words to consider, reconsider," as cited by Poet Elizabeth Alexander at the first Presidential Inauguration of Barack H. Obama in January 2009.
And, light outshines darkness. Everyone deserves to be happy. Everybody wants to wake up to a more fulfilled life. On all sides of the Divide, people do their best to provide food, shelter and education. Jews, Christians, and Muslims everywhere whisper the same daily prayer: “take care of our children”.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle” Philo of Alexandria, Hellenized Jewish Philosopher (20 BCE to 40 CE)
I started with tears. I now feel a sort of joy. Sunshine can break through the clouds. Let us share SUNSHINE with all who are hurting.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- 20-03RE: FINDING BEACONS OF HOPE … MEDICAL PERSONNEL IN SYRIA
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 08-12Jerusalem for Dummies: Why the World Doesn’t Recognize It as Israel’s Capital
- 07-12Analysis // Trump Hasn’t Killed the Peace Process, He Just Pronounced It Dead
- 07-12António Guterres: There is no alternative to the two-state solution
- 07-12Is Netanyahu still a psychopath and pathological liar?
- 06-12Trump, Take Note: How Jerusalem Went From Hosting 16 Embassies to Zero
- 06-12Trump’s Poised To Recognize Jerusalem As Israel’s Capital. Here’s 6 Reasons You Should Care.
- 05-12In Generational Shift, Millennial Evangelicals Not as Supportive of Israel
- 05-12The row over Jerusalem gives American Jews a tough choice
- 05-12Hopes for solving Israeli-Palestinian conflict fall across the Mideast, poll finds
- 04-12Deep schism between Israel and American Jewry
- 04-12Opinion // Israel Must Not Divide Jerusalem