An explainer about Evangelical Christians and Jerusalem
Source: The Anninston Star
Musings of The Star's editorial board
Published May 29, 2018
The violence between Israel and the Palestinians in the Middle East isn't easy to explain and, considering it's been going on since 1948, it's even tougher to prevent. President Trump's recent decision to move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem has made the situation even more complicated, particularly for the Evangelical Christians in America who universally support Israel in these discussions.
The Western Wall, one of Judaism's holiest sites, is in Jerusalem's Old City. Photo: Special to The Star
That's why this video from Vox.com is so informative. (It's below, just click and watch.) I highly suggest you spend a few minutes with this on your next coffee break. Just don't tell you boss.
-- Phillip Tutor
This Is Why Evangelical Christians Love Israel (VICE on HBO, Full Segment)
Watch the video here
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
SHARE YOUR OPINION, POST A COMMENT
Fill in the field below to share your opinion and post your comment.
LATEST OPEN LETTERS
- 05-06To International Community and Leaders around the world
- 03-07Letter of Apology
- 20-05Sace palestine
- 20-05Free Palestine
- 17-05A suggestion for some economics problems
- 15-05Free Palestine
- 04-04A moment of the sound of silence, a prayer for Russia
- 03-04The Gilbratar burn out and how it can be solved peacefully
- 03-04Biafra Freedom from Nigeria
- 24-03Open letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
VIRTUAL POST OFFICE
Latest Blog Articles
- 12-10My grandfather Nelson Mandela fought apartheid. I see the parallels with Israel
- 10-10UNPACKING THE ACTUAL IMPACT OF BDS ON ISRAEL'S ECONOMY
- 05-10Evangelicals … Go with Your God-Instincts!
- 27-09Trump backs two-state solution for Mideast
- 27-09Lebanon president complains to UN of double standard in treatment of Israel, Palestinians
- 26-09Trump is the laughingstock of the world
- 26-09Corbyn says UK will immediately recognize Palestinian state if he’s elected
- 26-09‘People have been there 50 years. They’re not refugees’
- 26-09Middle East takes centre stage: What got said at the UN General Assembly
- 21-09What Does Christianity Say About One People, One Land, One God?
- 20-09'Let us fight together for human rights, for a country that is democratic for all its citizens'